Originally Posted By: msaeger
I think a lot of wives use Facebook. None of my friends use it but all of their wives do. My wife is like my Facebook liaison smile she tells me what's happening on there so I don't have to look at it.

I think that's a bit of a generalization.

More accurately, I think that women in general are better at keeping in touch with people, so they're just that much more likely to use Facebook as a tool towards that goal.

Personally, I use Facebook to keep in touch with people I wouldn't otherwise. There's an argument to be made that it might not be worth keeping in touch with those people if I wouldn't without a tool like this. To that I say that there's all sorts of levels of involvement that we attribute to people we know and see regularly, and Facebook just extends that scale down past people we couldn't involve ourselves with before.

For example, if it weren't for Facebook, I wouldn't have found my good friend from 5th-8th grade. A British diplomat's kid, he had to move back to England when the family's stint was over. We lost touch. Thanks to Facebook I was able to find him and instantly catch up before I even got a chance to call him, and find out that he'd gone to college in Texas, moved out to San Francisco, is getting married, and just got a job coding for Digg.com.

Granted, I understand your points, Bruno, but I really think that for every person you're talking about, I could give you at least one of the people I'm talking about. Frankly, at best I think that can extend to anything, not just Facebook.

Anyway, enough about that.

Sadly, I've never been super excited by the Squeezebox products. It might just be the size of the place I live in. It's two stories, but still pretty small. If I want to listen to music anywhere on the first floor, I fire up the home theater with the Tivo that's connected to my music collection in the office upstairs. If I'm in my office upstairs...well I just listen to it on my computer with my beloved Klipsch speakers. That only leaves the bedroom, where I just don't listen to music.

And if I need to listen to music on the go, I just use my G1.