I don't think anyone has actually mentioned the best announcements of the past two weeks. Or maybe I'm just forgetting since I'm somewhat tired tonight.

Anyway, Logitech announced their new Squeezebox products, Radio and Touch (officially) last week. They both looked good right from rumor through to leak. They looked great when reading the announcements and specs. They look even better after reading more about them in the forum (which I don't frequent very much at the moment).

The Touch pretty much adds at least a base implementation or the underpinnings of everything I mentioned in a couple of posts about a possible future SB4 a couple of years back. It's going to run a "TinySqueezeCenter" which will allow you to play music off a connected/external USB device and/or SD card. That's a great addition that's surely going to help push this product into the mainstream.

It could also be a hacker's delight because of its full USB implementation and sizeable (for this type of device) LCD touch screen. And for Matt, it plays Pandora and you can even publish real-time liked tracks to Facebook. You can actually view your Facebook page(s) on it as well.

The Radio product is like a smaller Boom with the addition of a small color LCD. I think I'll be getting one of those to use as an alarm clock in my bedroom. It's $100 cheaper than the boom at $199 and a lot smaller. It doesn't come with a remote, but I do have an extra one lying around from one of my classic SB3.

Logitech is really whipping out some good stuff lately. This, coupled with the announcement of what I believe is their best remote to date, the Harmony 700, leaves me wanting to open my wallet to them again.