How may countries outside the US even still use CDMA? Canada? At this point I think the Pre has been both a success and a failure. It's been able to keep Palm alive, but I suspect they are very much under their estimates. We'll have to see how this is going to play out long term. The Pixi is an indication that they're gong to segment their product line which isn't going to bode well to solidify and expand mind-share.

With regards to Facebook, I have people inviting me on a weekly basis. Before that it was Linked-In and Hi5 and so many others. Facebook is a load of rubbish, IMO. I'm not a fan of "catch-all" sites and for many people it ends up being their only web destination. I'll give it props for looking better than MySpace, but I wouldn't even wipe my ass with either of them.

It's also a problematic scourge for IT, a big time-waster and project breaker for companies and a wasteful time-sink and addictive obsession for some people. I know at least one person who's personal life is being quite affected by Facebook at the moment. Not a good scene.

Andy does bring up another valid problem with how some people treat Facebook. You'll find this covered in the media as of late because they love to whore Facebook and Twitter. A lot of folks compete on the basis of "friend count" - they could really not give a rat's ass who the "friend" is nor ever communicate with them, so long as their count goes "ping," up by one. A cottage industry is forming around this phenomenon and you're seeing "friends" for sale. Wholesale even.

BTW Andy, your personal attacks are indeed tiring, but I can ignore them. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings with the truth in whatever other threads you keep complaining about.