Originally Posted By: msaeger
So I have insurance from my employer now, there is a downside to everything so what bad will come of this if it passes for me and everyone else that already has health insurance from their employers ?

I am on the side of less “government is better.”

Free market will, in most cases, always outperform and be more cost effective than a government run or controlled environment. Medicare has been around for decades and they still can’t get that right. Medicare fraud is more prevalent now than ever.

The US Postal service is another example. UPS and FedEx are doing OK. Just making a simple decision like “should we drop Saturday service” seems to be a huge task for them. In a profit driven organization it would be a no-brainer.

People keep pointing to the fact that health care costs are going up every year “the government should put a stop to that.” The increase is mainly driven by the fact the population on average is getting older and medical advances have been developed to keep more people living longer. Another layer of bureaucracy will only add to rising costs, unless the “death panels” are real.

To your question – The estimated 10 year cost of this bill is over 900 billion. While taxing those SOB millionaires is always popular the SOB millionaire are usually smart enough to pass the expense on to us hardworking pee-on’s. As well as stated above. With inflation someday we may all be millionaires.