Quote:
Stuart says:
Quote:
We'll gradually lose private insurance until we have no other option but government health coverage. Once the profit is gone from the industry do you really think innovation will continue? Do you honestly think health care will be just as available to those that already have it once everything is fully implemented when medical personnel pursue other more lucrative less opressed fields? We'll be paying more and getting far, far less.

Stuart, based on the work that you have done on Empegs, I long ago concluded that you are way smarter than me, but I don't get this. We have a bunch of Canadians on this BBS, just a short hop away via Boeing 737 or Airbus 320, who seem to be surviving the oppression of "federally"-funded single-payor health care without any serious Orwellian side effects so far as I can tell. OK, there are issues raised about waiting lists for brain transplants and such, but aren't Canadians' life expectancies and health outcomes the same if not better?

Thank you for that (I think wink ). Yes suppose they are about the same, but I have to ask, why, if it so wonderful has there been talk of scaling it back for more private options and how do you explain away the waiting lists and residents that come to the US for treatment because their lives depend on it? If it is so effectual and efficient should it not have vastly better outcomes? Ostensibly they don't have the 'greed' and evil 'profits' that stand in the way of patient care.

Quote:
Bitt, I admire your patience.

As if there is but one side to a coin???

Quote:
Stuart, was the Canadian single-payor initiative just a pathetic excuse for the (Canadian) libs to get their clutches into their every day lives and tax (Canadians) into oblivion? Or was there maybe something more to it?

The US is not Canada and it is not Europe. I'm saying in this case that is what is at play here. It seems rather hard to believe that it is mere coicidence that some of the most far reaching tax increases and other 'goodies' don't come into effect until after Obama's potential section term. Just because everybody's doing it does not mean it's the only way. The US was founded on the freedom of the individual, not the collective. Let's leave that to Europe where people seem to love it.

Stu