Originally Posted By: TigerJimmy
It's very different from when I last looked at it, which was also a small sample size (a drug I was taking).

Originally Posted By: wfaulk
You weren't self-medicating with veterinary drugs, were you? wink

Why is that repellent? Do I really think that pharmaceutical companies' quality standards lower when making veterinary medicine? Maybe I do. If it's true, that sucks.

That would be ILLEGAL! wink But, in a strictly hypothetical argument, as an engineer with quite a lot of operations experience, there is almost NO WAY there is a separate production line for the two... Not cost effective.

You can see why I prefer the philosophical argument to the practical one. The issue is vastly complex and I doubt anyone understands it very well at all. For that reason alone, we should be reluctant to mandate an approach at the federal level. Nobody is likely to have THE answer.

I think our differences boil down to this: I think government is a largely wasteful, corrupt and incompetent monster that seeks to grow itself and needs to be controlled and minimized. It makes me a classical liberal, in the Jeffersoninan sense. We have to call ourselves "libertarians" because the Left has taken our word "liberal". Most people don't mistrust the government as much as (I think) they should. I also think that history shows that government grows until it cripples the society and then the society collapses. I'd like to avoid that -- for another 40 years, anyway, but there I go being practical again :-)