Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Is it that you're opposed to providing healthcare to those who can't afford it? Because that's the only real governmental outlay here: subsidies for the poor to afford health insurance. Otherwise, the entirety of actually providing medical payments is going to be done through the insurance companies that you already know and love.

As I've said in other threads I am not opposed to treating the disadvantaged, as if this bill is some magical absolute with no other alternative. Why must we dismantle the free market insurance system just to get 30-40 million people insurance and treat pre-existing conditions? A small fraction of the price tag of this thing could buy private insurance and where needed cover those that get dropped or excluded. There are already plenty of programs to treat people with chronic health conditions and perform general health care anyway. This bill is just a pathetic excuse for the libs to get their clutches into our every day lives and tax us to oblivion.

Everything is not as cut and dry as you try to make it out to be. We'll gradually lose private insurance until we have no other option but government health coverage. Once the profit is gone from the industry do you really think innovation will continue? Do you honestly think health care will be just as available to those that already have it once everything is fully implemented when medical personnel pursue other more lucrative less opressed fields? We'll be paying more and getting far, far less. I can only hope some of our states with some balls decide to opt out of this disgrace of a bill that has been forced on us.

Stu