Originally Posted By: andym
Originally Posted By: andy
I would also not be surprised if there was some sort of addition of data to the unlock screen.

You mean like upcoming appointments and stuff like that? It's the one thing my crappy work WinMo phone does that I like.

Yes, though are you talking about the WinMo desktop that contains that info? If so, that's more akin to widgets than information on the lock screen. He's talking about having that information immediately upon power up from standby, when you're asked to unlock the phone.

Many people are hoping for that, and I think it would be a fantastic idea, something missing from many phones. There are a few apps for Android that do this, but none of them are customizable enough for me.

I think the iPad is what has many people hoping for this, because the large screen suddenly demonstrates how little that lock screen is utilized. Though, frankly, I think it's more important to have that info on iPhone, when very quick glances are what you want.

I wouldn't be surprised by some type of multitasking, though. Josh on the Engadget podcast conjectured that they could make it part of the approval process. Like, if you're making a 3D game, it wouldn't be allowed to run in the background. But if you're making something like a tasks or IM app, that doesn't take many CPU cycles at all, it could be allowed to run in the background while running other somewhat non-tasking apps.