I'm going to clear this part up:

Originally Posted By: hybrid8
you've either not read the article or for some other reason want to misrepresent what it says.

Apple does have tools to identify private API calls BTW. What does that have to do with this discussion?

From that article:
Originally Posted By: some random dude
I know it is popular to claim that maintaining binary compatibility is easy, that is the argument du jour made by people claiming Apple should just support developers using private APIs.

If they're concerned about developers using private APIs, make sure that developers don't use private APIs; simple enough. Again, restricting compatibility layers because they might lead to poor apps is equivalent to outlawing hammers because you might kill someone with them. It's ridiculous and absurd, and most importantly, completely disingenuous. What happens when Adobe releases a product that takes Flash source as input and then produces XCode-compatible code as output?

But, beyond that, I'm done. You seem to be far more interested in business practices than technology or ethics, where as I couldn't care less. You're probably right that we're talking at cross purposes. I just can't fathom why anyone is interested in speculating about this MBA horse shit.