To which Apple had this to say:

Quote:

"Someone has it backwards--it is HTML5, CSS, JavaScript, and H.264 (all supported by the iPhone and iPad) that are open and standard, while Adobe's Flash is closed and proprietary,"

Everyone at Adobe has their heads so far up their arses you can barely even make out what they're saying any more. I mean, for them to call out Apple when their own technology is a locked-down proprietary hunk of crap, which as recently as a few years back, when it still belonged to Macromedia, they were championing against... Well, that's just rich.

While Apple wants to keep control of what ships on their own platform by default as well as what applications are available through its own storefront, Adobe (primarily) wants to put encumbering and unnecessary proprietary wrappers on the whole of the web. They're looking to restrict your personal content, keep web applications dumbed-down, inspire and foster a less tech- savvy developer base and pretty just monetize the most basic parts of the web. Take a plain H.264 video for example and then wrap it in Flash to limit its playback to only Adobe software. Great idea!

Adobe is about the bottom line, like all other successful companies. And because they can't storm their recent wares onto a particular platform they're throwing tantrums right and left. I'm sure their stock holders are going to love these types of off-the-cuff comments. Especially when companies like Apple are steamrolling ahead actively working on putting money in shareholders' pockets with record-breaking quarter after record-breaking quarter.

The entire existence of mobile Flash rests in the hands of one company, and it's not Adobe. It's Google. Adobe still has a tremendous opportunity in the web space, and they should stop trying to push the Flash cart sooner rather than later to maximize their potential. Flash doesn't look like it has much of a future if you ask me.

As much as I've complained about Apple and the iPhone's misses, Adobe has completely poisoned me on their brand with their actions and words. I wish I could easily give up Lightroom and Illustrator, but I can't.