To answer your questions:

a) I personally do not know why the US waited until now following Sept 11th (let alone the rest of the 12 years of Iraq not disarming...). We should have done what we're doing a long time ago.

b) A lot of people have forgotten about the magnitude of September 11th. Just as a lame example, I don't see 10% of the American flag bumper stickers that I did during the first few months after the WTC disaster. I think the American community would have been pro-anything that the government said was anti-terror following the events. This is not necessarily a good thing for obvious reasons, but the Iraq situation is something different.

What do you suggest President Bush be doing instead? Iraq has violated resolution 1441, you can't disagree with that, can you? And did not resolution 1441 claim to give Iraq "serious consequences" if violated? What do you suggest these serious consequences should be.... more time?

By the way, I wasn't suggesting that the "world" support us at any time. I'm sure most countries would rather practice isolationism than to get involved. That's how it's been in the past.

Edited by jheathco (12/03/2003 19:55)