. . .[Bush thinks that] installing a friendly government in Iraq will be to the best interests of America, the rest of the world be damned.

I'd agree with you that this isn't a good attitude. If Bush really wants Iraq only so we can install our own kind of Government, I wouldn't support him in this. I've said before that I think Bush's reason for going after Hussein is because he believes that Hussein . . . is a megalomaniacal dictator with a long-standing history of human rights violations . . .

I'm from Texas and I had no problem with Bush as our Governer. As a fairly conservative Christian, my ideas tend to line up with what I've heard him say. I've never heard or seen anything that led me to believe he has this manifest destiny attitude of which you accuse him. If you can provide it, however, I'd like to see solid evidence that what you say is true. I'll admit that Bush thinks the U.S. is the greatest nation on the earth. With that he also believes that our nation carries some powerful responsibilities that require action, sometimes even war. But all of this is still different from invading a region with the express purpose of spreading democracy.