what about the fact that the Iraq regime has been known to give money to terrorists, including al Qaeda?
While it's true that he has given moeny to terrorists, the only instance I can think of is his martyr pay for Palestinian suicide bombers' families, and that probably has to do with him wanting to look like more of a devout Muslim (which he's not, and has been ripped for in the Islamic community), so that he can get support from the rest of the Islamic Middle East. There are probably others, too. However, I have not seen any piece of evidence that he supported al Qaeda in any way, and I doubt that it happened because bin Laden is opposed to Hussein, as he represents the largest secular government in the Middle East, which is largely what he's opposed to.
maybe he just wants to screw over our nation and leave office after his first term?
I don't think that he thinks that he's screwing over the US. I think that he thinks that he's doing the right thing. I think he thinks that installing US hegemony in the Middle East would be beneficial for the US. Regardless of whether it is or not, I believe that it is wrong to impose your beliefs on someone else, which is what this action I posit he's making is. In addition, I don't believe that it's beneficial, as it's more likely to piss off more people while installing a new government, a process with which the US does not have a good track record.