Quote:
But it looks like the iPhone is a much better MP3 player than all other flash based players, including Apple's own Nano. It's just not as small.

It looks to be a far better phone than most other phones out there, including what anyone might think of as top of the line. People thought the RAZR was top of the line - every version of it sucks. Keys so flat they might as well be an LCD (no tactile feedback), typical poor Motorola interface... What current model phone do people consider tops?

I don't know of any mobile at this time that is not a combination of functions. And the iPhone, unlike most of these other products, actually seems to do each function very well. Certainly this is shown in the demonstrations. This analysis may fall flat on its face once units are used day to day and receive in depth reviews. But going by the demos and product info, it looks to be practically "the best" in each task. Counter to the argument being made here.

So you've got your Space Shuttle Nascar coffee maker.

I don't think my 40 Gig of music will load on to the phone like it will on an iPod. So IMO it’s not the best. "The Best" is subjective and needs/mileage will vary from person to person. If everyone agreed on what is best then we’d all drive the same car.

It does sound like a great product. I just don’t want one, sorry.