I'd probably pull the trigger on an iPhone if it came with 200GB of storage, primarily to use as an iPod.

Let's see if Steve was talking about the iPhone as the "awesome" iPod he hinted to in his interview last week or if there's in fact a new iPod with some touch screen goodness coming later in the year.

This past week I made an adapter to connect my fiancé's iPod to her Pioneer IPBus head unit, so inevitably I ended doing some track selection and navigation. She's got a 4GB 2nd Gen iPod Nano I bought for her last fall. After using the interface for a while I've come to a conclusion. It sucks. The iPod interface stinks plain and simple. Not intuitive at all and a downright insult to use at times.

Apple have made some serious progress with iTunes but the iPod has fallen behind dramatically. In only a few minutes I thought of a few ways to fix a number of the navigational issues and give the whole thing a much more fluid feel while opening up the possibility for additional input/config without adding any other buttons. Main issues are moving from one menu level to another as well as selection and deselection (exiting).

The iPhone interface looks a lot more natural but I have my doubts it will be ideal out of the gate. Hopefully they're not averse to making corrections and updates down the road.