*edit*

I'm going to scratch my post here, and I wish I could delete all my posts in this thread because it's clear that I haven't been able to communicate my thoughts in a satisfactory way.

Instead, I would urge everyone to listen to Engadget's podcast #98 because I was surprised to hear that every single point they make, both good and bad are exactly what I have been thinking.

The only other question I had for the people posting in this thread is this: who thinks that the iPhone indicates a possible new platform for the iPod-only line? Is it a preview of the 6G iPod? Basically, I would love to see this exact device, with a hard drive, and without the space on either side of the screen. That was the exact product I was hoping for. Had that been the case, I would have sold my two-month-old Archos and made my first Apple purchase.

I also just want to say that even though it's barely being mentioned in the press, I was incredibly excited about the Apple TV. In fact, I just ordered one and the new airport extreme. So I've got some Apple products now.

Edited by Dignan (12/01/2007 20:30)