I'm eagerly looking forward to trying the iPhone hands on in a store. It's going to take a HECK of a lot to give up my Treo keyboard for a touch screen keyboard, especially if the letters are shrinking and growing on their own.

I like the perfection of discrete input, like keyboards. The inaccuracies of continuous input, like mice and touchscreens, just makes me crazy. Hopefully iPhone is brilliant enough to make it work well.

And yes, I'd like to take the battery out for absolute confidence that it won't ring. One time at a classical music concert, I turned off my StarTac and it somehow rang. Now, before concerts, I resign the battery to my left pocket and the phone to my right. I will never be embarrassed like that again. I eagerly await the "battery door" hack to iPhone.

Verizon, I've waited over a year for your service to improve, and it hasn't. You will be abandon for AT&T after 6/29/07, be it on an iPhone or a used unlocked Treo 650.

On that note, if anyone has an excelent condition, American, unlocked GSM Treo 650 they want to sell to fund the iPhone purchase, let me know.