The mic is on the bottom edge of the device along with the speaker. The one button on the front is a real button, and always returns you home when pressing it. The top edge has one real button as well, for turning it on and sleeping it. The left side has 3 buttons total, one for muting the iphone ringer, and two for volume up and down.

The browser does flip to widescreen just by tilting the device. The tilting seems odd to me though. Some things do it automatically like the YouTube channel and iPod videos, but quicktime videos off the web can be played in either orientation. Also, email and some of the other apps don't flip, so it seems kinda inconsistent. I can understand why some apps don't do it though.

As for the campouts, all Apple stores closed at 2pm and AT&T stores at 4pm to prepare. Apple stores were weird, they covered the front windows with black tarps, I'll upload a picture later. There were about 250 or so people waiting for the opening at 6pm at the north Austin store, including a few Apple employees (they have a big support center 2 miles from the store here). Apple provided us with tons of free water, and some of the other vendors in the complex gave us free stuff too. Had some pizza, starbucks and other water brought to us while waiting. Really cool actually.

Apple.com is showing a 2-4 week wait for orders of either version of the phone. The store I waited at said they still have some at 10pm, but they don't think they will last past tomorrow morning. Couldn't get the number they got though, so either it's popular on launch, or the quantities are limited.

Oh, one thing that didn't sync was my wireless networks. Not a big deal for my home network, but would have been cool to see the phone grab my wireless password off my Mac during the initial sync like it did my mail account password.