I have so much to say on the topic, but the silencing effects of those involved are damn effective. Quite honestly I'm still not prepared to talk about it publicly here. Some of I I never may, to also avoid victim tourism that has sprung up around the topic that many who are targeted continue to deal with.

I saw a lot of it unfold as it was happening and have some close connections to some people directly targeted. It showed the incredible darkness some people have in them, and the incredible resiliency others have when dealing with it.

And it was incredibly frustrating working at the time for a game studio that was too afraid to voice opposition to it. Not standing up at the right time leads to a lot of people suffering abuse unnecessarily. I give Blizzard a lot of kudos for being willing to stand up against it, even as one of their former all stars is now involved directly with GG. Tolerating the type of earlier behaviors that GG refined and weaponized is also a large part of the problems the game development world is facing these days.

Overall the events led me into some pretty deep self reflection and examination of others. I now see a lot of history differently as a result. I still have a pending reply I intend to post in the marriage equality thread, and how some of the GG situations led me to see that fight in a different way as well.