A death threat against an elector is a problem. I'm glad that Michael Banerian filed a police report, and I hope the police investigate it, and if they find someone who made death threats, prosecute them. Same goes for the people who had their house vandalized with a swastika. So, okay, good, now I've heard of some incidents, reported by reputable news sites.

I still get the feeling from these articles that they are reporting temporary, isolated incidents which are based around current events. I don't think these are equivalent to what the Guardian article was talking about. I still think it's a false equivalency.

The incidents you cited are clearly reactionary. Most people who want to convince an elector will look up the names and contact information for the electors, and then write or call them once. The people who got their house spray painted have probably never had it happen before, and probably won't have it happen again.

That's different from the long-term, nonstop, cold, calculated, systematic harassment and suppression that minorities, women and LGBTQ people have faced in the past and are going to face in the coming years, even after all of this furor surrounding the election has settled down.

The recent "pizzagate" thing is another example of precisely the thing which the Guardian article was warning about: http://www.snopes.com/pizzagate-conspiracy/ - It takes only a single well-placed lie, repeated enough times on social media, to cause serious problems for someone in real life. People in minority groups are the target of this kind of thing now, and are going to continue to be the target of this kind of thing for the foreseeable future. Though the pizzagate thing could be viewed by some as a single isolated incident as well, the method, content, and target of the attack is something we will be seeing repeated systematically in upcoming days, months, and years. We need to learn how to fight back against this kind of thing.