Originally Posted By: Tim
It isn't just a handful of electors, though. Thinking it is just shows how unaware people are about the problem.

From the articles I read (the articles from reputable news sources as opposed to just conservative sites), these electors are getting letters, emails and phone calls, asking them to exercise their right and duty in this electoral democracy, to refuse to elect someone who is unqualified for the office.

As I understand it, letters, emails and phone calls are the correct way to speak to our government officials to make ourselves heard in a democracy. Even if some of those letters contain inflammatory language (including telling a Jewish elector that he would be aligning himself with antisemitism if he votes for Trump), it is still not harassment: It is people using the appropriate channels (and their only available channels) to communicate with their government.

I haven't heard about electors systematically getting doxxed, swatted, or threatened with violence. Trying to equate their situation with actual harassment diminishes and takes attention away from the true criminal levels of harassment that others have endured.

This is not two equally-hateful sides. One side is not "Hate". There is a difference between righteous anger/surpise/ourtrage/backlash/defense, and the actual true Hate. The hate we're talking about here is a long-term calculated campaign of hate, violence, discrimination, stripping of human rights, and disenfranchisement towards specific races and genders.

If you really think that this is two equally-wrong sides, you're buying into the lies being fed to you. Have a think about that. Please, for your own sake.