I go to Walmart almost exclusively for automotive products. I have an Autozone, Napa, Car Quest, and Advance closer, but Walmart charges about 50% less for Mobil1 oil and their $2 SuperTech oil filters have been found to be the same as Napa Gold which cost about $10. My Walmart has a tire and lube center connected to the store, but it has a seperate entrance around back. I park right next to the door everytime, get what I need and checkout in the lube center. In and out very quickly with a ton of savings. Maintaining 5 cars (at the moment) can get costly, and Walmart is welcomed for this purpose.

Sometimes I will buy Stanley tools there if Sears is closed, but that and oil is just-about it. I would never buy any sort of DVD or CD there. Never food either. For clothes, I often buy imperfect stuff at National Wholesale Liquidators which is actually cheaper than Walmart. Sure, there might be a thread out of place, but I can never find it and it's often name-brand stuff. If you think Walmart shoppers are scary, you haven't seen anything until you go to NWL. It doesn't bother me. Poor folks know where to get the best price/performance ratio. I'm happy to shop amongst them because then I know I'm shopping smart.

I make a good wage, but I'm not a spendthrift. It doesn't make sense to pay more of something when you can avoid it. Stuff you put in your body is different though. I often buy wine directly from local wineries. Beer is often local as well. Those things are worth it.