Quote:
I do intend to get one of my own done. As an EE it's a fairly simple design really. Like I said, it just seems expensive - I realise there is a manufacturing component in there of at least an hour I'd guess.

Excellent (I think). If when you get your kit done you want to offer one for less than $260, I will be the first in line... assuming all the lights blink, of course

In the meantime, if Stuart is able to squeeze 1, 2, or 3 Prime Rib dinners out of my modest Paypal payment, all I can say is that I hope the Prime Rib wasn't overcooked. I mean, of what use is Prime Rib if not rare?

Quote:
I started looking at doing my own for my M3 but ended up just replacing the factory stereo completely since I didn't have tons of time and I couldn't get all the info I needed like which pins where bidirectional etc.

Well, I am pleased to report that I know what "bidirectional" means. In an abstract sense anyway.

Quote:
That said I applaud the guys for getting units out for everyday Joe to have.

"everyday Joe". Hmmm, if my name were Joe I might be inclined to go off and sulk. Like I say, though, I am no EE electronics guru. On the other hand, if things ever go really *really* bad...and the fucking intern can't get the arterial line in, give me a call.

A-lines? Just like riding a bicycle.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.