I've also spent a few days with the iPhone now, and have a few things to say...

1) The keyboard takes a lot of getting used to. You HAVE to trust the auto correct stuff. If you don't, it's slow as hell.
2) At home, the wifi is great, but walking around SF yesterday and going to my known free wifi spots was disappointing. I think those wifi spots are just overburdened, and therefore, my iPhone experience was poor.
3) I'm confused about a few things in Google Maps. If I find an address, then do another search for a restaurant, for instance, it sometimes finds a restaurant with a similar name on the other side of the country! Shouldn't it just search locally? I need to do some more research on that. The Google Maps app is beautiful though.
4) The apps found here: http://www.rev2.org/2007/07/02/top-25-web-apps-for-the-iphone/ are really good. Try em Drakino!
5) 3 days of trying to get my Yahoo IMAP problem fixed. I use Yahoo email all the time, but have a @pacbell.net domain name. The iPhone won't allow me to use IMAP with that domain name. It forces a @yahoo.com email address. If I choose "other", I can't authenticate to the IMAP server... Argh. I'm tired of working on this. Will see if it's fixed later and stick with POP for now.
6) The screen is glorious.
7) The EDGE speed is poor, as expected.
8) Safari is buggy - needs work.
9) You can't search for an email. That needs to be remedied quick.
10) The form factor, perceived build quality, feel of it, look of it, etc. - BRILLIANT.

I totally agree with Drakino - the web surfing is amazing. No other phone, in my experience, has come close to this kind of perfection for the web.

This is my first Apple product EVER... Even though it looks like I'm complaining, I'm still becoming a fan.

- Jon