I'm still not sure any of the BlendTec videos are real from start to finish. Along with VitaMix, they have arguably the best blenders available on the market, so I'm not detracting in any way from their excellent product.

The videos seem to all be edited for time - that is, they show in a few seconds what might have taken a few minutes in reality. In most of the videos I've seen (maybe 10 or so) the end product ends up a fairly consistent particulate (sand-like). In the recent iPhone video they were also left with some kind of metal frame that didn't blend.

A while back a video was posted by some DJ's who had duplicated the BlendTec "Will it Blend" in their studio. Sure enough what they dumped in was thoroughly destroyed, but it was never reduced to a consistent granular appearance.

If the blender will eventually create sand from what you dump in, I'd really like to know the actual time it took to achieve that state. Something doesn't seem right and I already had a hard time believing the end result of most of the videos before the DJ's attempted their own recreation.