Quote:
please try to keep the thread civil on both sides.

If I came across incivil, I apologize. I certainly didn't mean to. That said, I like Apple computers. I've just found their consumer electronics a little underwhelming. And that's mostly based on the hype. If Apple (or anyone else, for that matter) had simply released the phone without all the fanfare, my opinion of it would probably be greater than it is now. But Apple and their unpaid shills would have you believe that it's the best thing since bread, and that's just not true. It's a cell phone, for God's sake.

I would be interested in a phone that had the Google Maps application on it, but I'm not interested in paying extra money for the service. If my company paid for it, I would totally use it. I wouldn't avoid the web browser, either, but I just don't care that much. My nose is in a computer at home and at work. I don't need it in one everywhere I go. Actually, when I had a Treo that my job paid for, the best application I had was a Wikipedia client. I used the hell out of that. I had the Google Maps application, too, but I didn't use that very often, mostly because it wasn't that good.

Does the fact that there's no GPS on the phone imply that it doesn't know where you are? If so, how does it know where the closest seafood restaurant is, as demonstrated by Jobs?