Originally Posted By: andym
On the recommendation of Cris I bought a Thomson Speedtouch 546 to replace my Netgear DG854G and can't recommend it enough. At its worst my Netgear was dropping carrier several times a day and usually needing a restart every week. The Thomson runs for months on end and I also gained a whole meg in downstream speed.

Just ordered a Speedtouch TG585n, based on the various Speedtouch recommendations here. It had better be good, or else !

wink

It'll be replacing my Netgear DG834 modem/router and my Linksys WAP54G access point.

To be perfectly honest I've been very happy with my Netgear and I would happily have bought Netgear again. The only reason I am buying a new box is that the Linksys AP can't seem to cope with the fact that I have 7 wifi devices. It all worked fine until recently, but after adding another 5 wifi devices it has started randomly denying connection to them. To get back connected you have to disable/enable wifi on the client device. All very annoying.

I wouldn't rush to buy Linksys again, the Ethernet to wifi bridge works with very few things that I have plugged into it and now the AP has proved it isn't up to the job.