Originally Posted By: DWallach

Draytek came up the last time this thread came around. Any of you continue to hold them in higher regard?

I do. I've used those routers before and I like them a lot. They offer options you'll rarely see in consumer routers, like eg. a (couple of) VPN server(s), and they are insanely configurable. It's true they cost a bit more (like double) of what a regular consumer router would cost you, but I think they are worth it. That's just my opinion of course.

Also, their tech support is really good. Every email question I've ever mailed them got answered within the hour. That also counts for something if you ever had the pleasure of dealing with Netgear support eg.

I agree the only they they are lacking right now is dual band, but I can live with that personally. I know it's only a matter of time until they will release such a router. Because that's another thing I've noticed about Draytek: they are never cutting edge with their release as eg. Asus is. It usually takes them a year or even longer to release someting with the latest technology in it (for example: they released their gigabit LAN port router only in 2009, that was years after most other brands did), but on the other hand their releases are always stable products which receive frequent firmware upgrades and good support.