Dragging up an old thread yet again...

Two years have passed since I burned through two Netgear DGN2000's and got them to send me the better DGND3300. It's worked without complaint... until recently when WiFi has been randomly failing, while the wired links have worked without issue. Rebooting seemed to fix it, but we'll see if that sticks or whether it degenerates further. I also upgraded to the newest firmware. Regardless, I fear the hardware is reaching its end of life.

Two years of 24/7 usage before hardware failure is certainly better than six months, but hardly glorious. Part of me wants to take a crack at upgrading to the newer DGND3700, which replaces the 10/100 switch with a GigE switch, although I don't do anything at home that would particularly benefit from GigE. Also, I fully expect it would fail again after the warranty was expired.

The obvious alternative would be to buy a separate DSL modem and a standard router/firewall/wireless box. I'd like to keep a single-box solution, since it's easier to configure.

Is there something I can get in a "professional" box that might have equivalent functionality to the Netgear, but be engineered to last (with the accompanying higher price and longer warranty)?