Originally Posted By: andy

Just ordered a Speedtouch TG585n, based on the various Speedtouch recommendations here. It had better be good, or else !

Hmmm, not going too well so far.

The TG585n arrived has been plugged in. Connected to the ADSL line fine.

However now comes the joy of configuring it all (I have quite a bit to do as I have my own IP block, reserved DHCP addresses and lots of firewall rules to setup).

The first problem is that I see no way through the web interface of turning NAT off. The screen shots I have seen on the web show a much more detailed web interface than I am seeing on my router.

A quick check shows me that I am running firmware 7.4.3.2, whereas the latest appears to be 8.2.3.x

So I thought I'd just do a quick upgrade. But no, none of the Thompson official sites seem to have any new firmware (or even a copy of the upgrade tool).

I can see some non-official sites with firmwares available to download, but I hadn't really expected to get into hacking into my nice new router on day 1 frown

Am I being dumb ? Does this router do non-NAT with my current firmware ? Are there official places to download newer firmware ?