Reviving an old thread because my NOD32 anti virus licence expires in a week and I'm looking out if there are no better alternatives out there since the last time I renewed my licence. (and no, I'm not switching to Mac or Linux smile )

I've been using NOD32 for years now and I'm pretty happy with it. In fact, I would have no problem renewing the licence for it's anti-virus skills. It's just that lately, I've noticed a different type of infections are now quickly becoming the most dangerous and most widely-spread ones. Up to a few years, email attachments were the most dangerous. Nowadays, simply clicking on the wrong link in your browser can make a lot of bad things happen for you. I'm not sure NOD32 is capable of intercepting this kind of thread. No, let me rephrase that: I've known NOD32 to intervean on a few occasions but I'm not sure if it's their forte or not. Online review claim it's not in any case.

So now I'm considering installing Microsoft Security Essentials for the anti-virus part, and buying Malwarebytes Anti-malware Pro since the pro version comes with a live scanner.

Would this be a good idea? Or should I just stick with NOD32? Or is there an even better option?

Thx!