Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
Originally Posted By: Dignan
The reason I decided to go with MSE was that it was the most lightweight antivirus out there. It never annoys me unless it sees something nasty go by. It doesn't put a strain on my system. It doesn't bother me constantly about renewing anything. It doesn't prevent me from going to any websites or from setting up a networkable printer (which I've seen several times with stupid Norton). MSE gets out of my way and gives me some security.
I was going to say the same thing... but about AVG. Maybe it's just my naivete and ignorance speaking, but I have been 100% satisfied with AVG for the five years or so I've been using it.

I understand that you like AVG, and I have nothing against them. My problem with them, as I've stated before, is that I see them getting out of control with the feature creep that did Norton and McAfee in. Eventually their software is going to start impacting system performance just like the big guys they supplanted.

That, and the false positives that Archeon mentioned. Also, you do get bugged for renewals, don't you?