Originally Posted By: Roger
To my knowledge, I don't have any way of buying drives except from an online retailer.

I haven't even checked for the last 15 years, possibly. As I read Mark's recommendation to buy off the shelf, I tried to think where I could go in Rome to do that, and to my amusement I would not know.
The largest retailers I can think never, never, carry latest technology on the shelf any more - it's just sad to even walk in, to me, and see overpriced stuff from last year on sale.
I have in mind few smaller computer stores in the city that used to carry better quality products. Occasionally I found better prices there than Amazon for DIMMs, I remember, but usually such shops would simply order for you from their wholesalers: you'd have to go, order, maybe pay a little in advance, wait a week or a month, go back, and pick up your item, only to be told that there was a "problem" of sorts and your item is not in yet - try next week. Very annoying.

I am now thinking, however, that there are few - well, maybe one - on line retailer I know of that specializes in case modding items, but does have also computer parts and components to assemble your PC. i've used them a lot in the past. It is possible they'd have the right mindset and package with more care.

Edited by Taym (22/03/2016 08:45)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg