Originally Posted By: andy
I suspect that I'll only ever buy another 3 hard disks in my life.

You know, I thought you were crazy, but given how much more I'm relying on the cloud these days, I can certainly see using SSDs for everything in the future. The cost will have to decrease significantly, though.

Originally Posted By: drakino
My wording in the post I believe your responding to is off a bit. The 8TB Archine drive is available in internal form factors too.

Ah yes, I misunderstood. I found the drives on Amazon.

Originally Posted By: Taym
My two drives, from Amazon, each arrived in a 20*15*10 cm box, approximately. Drives were locked in pace by simple plastic supports that would surround the short side of the drives by possibly 2cm, and extend to fill the smallest sides of the box.

That's how all my drives have arrived...

Originally Posted By: Taym
Oh, the two boxes, then, where placed into a larger Amazon box with foam chips (not sure that's the right English word here) all around.

...except for this part. I believe you're talking about "packing peanuts." I rarely receive a package with those anymore. They're falling out of favor due to their environmental impact. These days I almost exclusively see things packed with the large plastic bubbles.

I'm mostly happy to see the peanuts go because of their obnoxious tendency to stick to everything, especially the little tiny pieces...