Originally Posted By: mlord
I have had one in service here, in the main MythTV box, since last winter. Thus far, 100% reliable. Which is more than I can say for some of the Seagate 4TB drives it replaced.

Thinking hard now about getting a second one, seeing as they're still priced at CDN$300 here this week, despite our currency's sharp decline over the past year.

Cheers

Mark,
Back to the drive itself, have you noticed any issues with lots of recordings simultaneously and the drive keeping up? Every now and then I have as many as 6 - 8 streams going at once. Total bit rate is probably of the order of 30-40Mbit/sec so not much in hard drive terms really but a bit of seeking might be required.

My understanding is that data is buffered or queued in a RAM and/or disk cache. I presume video recording has a high enough data rate that it's treated as a continuous write but also low enough that it can easily keep up?

One of these would replace 4 individual drives in my MythTV backend and add some 1TB of capacity as a bonus which would free up some NAS space.

Thanks
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)