So yes, I searched on line, and I see packaging peanuts (thanks guys) come of course in various sizes and shapes. Usually, these are the ones I've seen, in terms of size and shape:
http://weshipjackson.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/catpoofs.jpg
They're not too bad. Smaller ones are horrible and just as Matt says they stick to everything.

Cat is not one of mine, but they all would be VERY happy in a similar situation. smile

Now, back on topic, to be even more accurate: LAST TIME (for the 8TB drives) the two HDD boxes where put together into a large Amazon box with packaging peanuts. But, this does not always happens. In many cases, plastic bubbles are used instead of peanuts, here too. Occasionally, drives arrived in smaller individual boxes - meaning: the above mentioned individual HDD boxes would be placed in slightly larger Amazon boxes, for one drive only, also filled with something (plastic bubbles, peanuts, cardboard). Few times, such amazon boxes where actually huge in comparison, making it a very safe packaging but also an incredible waste of storage space!

Please notice I usually order my personal drives in couples. So, over time, I ordered several single drives for various office usage, or friends, or whatever, and several couples for me. I noticed that having two units in one order does not necessarily translates into one large amazon box containing both units. Sometimes it does, sometimes you'll get two separate boxes.

So, Amazon has been shipping to me using a quite wide range of packaging solutions.

Edited by Taym (23/03/2016 07:11)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg