You get no real argument on most of your post. I'm not really in favor of teaching ID in schools. The only thing I really want is for science classes to stay away from religous topis- i.e. how man was created.

Without a belief in God or the Bible as a premise science might reasonably tell us that man evolved rather than being created. However, many do have such a premise that will change how we interpret what science is telling us. This goes to point 2 that you make above. I am completely willing to grant evolution as a scientific theory in operation today and throughout history- I am not as willing to grant that it is responsible for the creation of man, as God has told us something different and is perfectly capeable of having made that happen since he can "change the course of the universe at will". And since I don't believe that man was created through evolution, I don't like it being taught as truth in the classroom.