Quote:
Between two people of differening faiths, either one of them is right or neither are.

My point exactly. This was response to 'voting' argument for truth of religion(s): at most one of them can be true, and since I don't feel or see presence of any of their gods, the fact that there is a number of them with many adherents cary no weight with me, and can only assume none of them is true.

Quote:
Understanding that, however, will not stop me from defending myself and my loved ones if a person's faith demands violence.

I was not talking about violence, and I think there is hardly any religion, however peaceful and tolerant, that has been entirely free of violence being commited in its name.

Quote:
...you are convinced in your heart that you are not a sinner and that you have no need of redemption...

I am far from being as good a person I wish to be (and probably from being what I imagine I am), but my 'sins' are against other human beings, and when I need redemption or forgiveness, it is from them.

Quote:
Because it IS true, whether I can prove it to others or not.
[...]
But truth is not dependent on anything we do, including our ability to prove or even understand it.

I understand you feel this. I hope you can, on the other hand, see why it looks completely absurd to me, and why it depresses me to see perfectly nice people base their existence on what I see as utter nonsense.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue