Quote:
Really though, it suprises me that the ID's don't take the tack that god (intentional lower-case g) created evolution, so it's part of his Perfect Plan.
Actually, as I've stated before, theistic evolution is quite consistent with ID. It is, however, not consistent with the beliefs of most Creationists, which are generally more specific than the very broad tent of ID. I assume if the ID camp is successful at getting ID into schools then theistic evolution would have to be addressed as an accpetable part of the overall theory.

Quote:
The issue (as stated so well above) is that to be in a science class a theory has to be something that can be a)postulated b)tested c)confirmed d)modified e)re-tested/repostulated.
The theory that man evolved from another animal cannot go through those steps either. The notion of evolution itself can, but that it actually did so with regards to humans (or any other animal for that matter) is another story. From a science only standpoint it could make sense that humans evolved, but it doesn't necessarily follow. That along with my non-scientific beliefs cause me to question the claim that mankind was created through evolution.

I believe ID propoents take this same reasoning (that the actual occurance of man evolving from other animals cannot be proven) to say that while you cannot prove God exists through testing and observation, you can extrapolate given things we know from science to prove that He does, in fact, exist. I'm not extremely well educated in ID, though, so I could have mangled that argument beyond recognition.