Quote:
Just because you think it's true, doesn't make it true. It may be true, but then, it may not be.
Yes, I understand this, of course. Belief does not make truth and truth is what it is irrespective of our belief. But I believe that Christiantiy is true, so it makes sense for me to claim that it is true. I also believe that I am a living, breathing human being and not a computer simulation (or a trapped Thetan)- just believing it doesn't make this true either. We do our best to line our beliefs up with what we preceive to be true and then act according to how certain we are. I'm as certain as I can be about faith in Christ- there are other beliefs I have that I am less certain about.

Quote:
Every time I've been to Florida, it was raining. Therefore, based on my experience, it is true that it is constantly raining in Florida.
But a little research would tell you differently, wouldn't it? I have not based my belief in Christ on only a few experiences but upon years of studying theology and considering alternatives in addition to personal experience.

Edited by JeffS (16/11/2005 07:10)