I'm sorry, but I don't think saying "approval horror stories are getting to be few and far between" proves your point. That doesn't tell me that Apple is doing anything differently at all. What it says to me is that developers have been scared out of creating unique, interesting apps and into creating to-do lists, games, and iFart apps (have I mentioned how stupid I think that app is?).

I do think that Andy's point is an excellent one, and one I've worried about myself. I have a G1 (which I adore), but I'm worried what will happen with the app market in the future as more devices are released. My hope is that programmers will be able to specify hardware compatibility when they put the app on the store, so that when you go to the market on your device it will only show apps available for your device. But that depends on the developer, and I've seen at least a half dozen apps show up on the store, for example, that were only written for use in various Asian countries.

Anyway, Bruno, I hope you know that I agree with you that the iPhone is a juggernaut in this space, and not much is going to be able to overthrow it. I'm just hoping Android does well because I'm invested in it now. I love my G1. I couldn't stand actually using the iPhone and it's (IMO) horrible keyboard. The iPhone isn't for everyone, and other phones are coming out to give people options.