The calendar on this phone looks great. Plus I like the social network and instant messaging integration a lot - threading together IM and SMS between the same contact is pretty smart. Camera looks to be quite decent too. I like it!

Based on reviews and reading quite a bit of Pre related stuff it seems better than Android 1.5 at the moment and still better than Android with the HTC Hero software. Specifically I mean in terms of online network integration, attention to detail (linking up birthdays, notes, todos with alarms and notifications for example), multitasking seems a lot better (I tend to do this a lot - phone/IM while looking things up) and the hardware is nicer than current Android phones. Admittedly it won't take long for Android to improve, but the Pre is still impressive.

Annoying bits are 1) it seems that you cannot choose which Facebook Contacts are sync'd with the phone, so you'll have old school friends in your contacts list 2) no threaded GMail. I'm hoping they fix (1) asap with a simple update, and I'm just spoilt by (2) on the G1 and can live without it I guess. I'm already used to janky battery life!

Looking forward to it eventually coming out in the UK.