Heh, that's cute. I saw the ROM was leaked on the Pre forums earlier today, and I downloaded it just in case it disappeared quickly. Hopefully, this opens the door for tethering, the lack of which is, at this point, the main thing keeping me from hopping on board the Pre train.

There are other concerns I have, of course. A lot of former Blackberry/Treo users have had some difficulty getting used to the smaller keyboard, but others say it's fine, and a few iPhone owners have popped in to say their Pre typing speed is already on par with their iPhone speed. Some users are saying the battery barely gets them through the day, though in my experience, most devices get better after the first few charge cycles, so we'll have to see how reports are in a couple weeks. The PIM apps are pretty spartan at this point, certainly something that will be addressed in the future. And, of course, the myriad reports of crashes, spontaneous reboots, hardware failures, etc. that come with any first-gen device in the early going.

But, all-in-all, I think it's got a lot of potential, and if the initial estimates of 50-100k units are accurate, the launch certainly made a big (though not iPhone-sized) splash.