Quote:
Maybe. I was interested in minimizing the CPU overhead when there aren't any lyrics to display and continuing to use the player's built-in UI since I am used to it.

Hmm, ok. When is the CPU utilization high for you?

Quote:
Basically I was thinking that a "lite" mode that only affected the player when a lyric tagged song came on might be more comfortable for some people.

Yeah, the problem is I'm either running or I'm not. If I'm running, I have the whole screen, and I have to call to the kernel to display the player's screen. I could unbind from all the buttons and not display anything, if that's what you're looking for... I'll have to think about how it would work exactly, but I'll consider it.. I'd much prefer solving whatever UI problems people feel there are, though.

Edit: Just saw your edit regarding running another application in the foreground. The thing is, if I go truly to the background (the equivalent of the "Hide" option in the menu) the Hijack menu pops up, and you have to re-select emphatic when you want it back. With the newer Hijack improvements, I can "take over" the display whenever I want, but to yield the display back to the player, I need to call WAITMENU (null) which requires you to re-select the app. I don't think there's any way for the app to just sit in the background, take the display when the lyrics are active, then give it back.

Also, if you've got an app running in the foreground, what happens if lyrics pop up?