Quote:
Are you running something else right now that you'd want to use while emphatic is running, or are you just speaking hypothetically?

gpsapp is the only other thing I am running at the moment that would be a likely candidate. But, I'm not sure how well the two would play together anyway. To be useful, gpsapp would have to be able to take over the screen to give directions even if emphatic was currently scrolling song info. At that point you need more of a windowing system where multiple apps can draw to the screen at the same time and I realize that adds another layer of complexity to hijack that probably isn't worth the trouble. I guess hijack could do something cooperative where when an app wanted to grab the screen it could specify a priority and the highest priority wins total control of the display.

The nagging (hypothetical) concern in the back of my mind is that an appliication like emphatic that wants to be running all the time discourages development of other applications because it takes exclusive control of the empegs limited resources.

-Mike