Quote:
It definitely lags my player and causes audio dropouts at times under your last release with scrolling text and burnin going.

I've seen lag, but never an audio dropout, even with the most strenuous settings on. If you turn off the burn-in (or switch to a mode that doesn't use it) things are MUCH faster. There is still a bit of a lag when I go to read the lyrics from the MP3 file (and the player is aggressively trying to fill its cache), but that's going to be there regardless of whether I'm in the foreground or background. So even if I could grant your wish, I'm not sure that it'd bring you joy.

For now, try pasting this into your XML and seeing if this works for you. This will show lyrics when they're there, and nothing when they're not.

<display_mode name="Vertical Lyrics" visual="Marquesas">
<vlyrics font="small" color="bright" nextcolor="dim" bgcolor="black" x="1" y="1" width="128" height="32" showtitle="true" speed="5" show="withlyrics"/>
<playerscreen blendmode="transparent" burnin="false" show="withoutlyrics"/>
</display_mode>

Quote:
Ah, yeah thats a bummer. It would be cool to have more of a multitasked interface where emphatic can popup and show lyrics when appropriate, but if it isn't using the display something else (gps, traffic info, OBDII data, etc.) could grab it for a while.

That'd be great, but as things are now, multiple apps can't even play nicely with each other when only one of them is trying to use the display/input. Nobody's been able to nail down exactly why, but basically, if you run two apps concurrently, even if one is just hanging around in the background, bad things often happen. Are you running something else right now that you'd want to use while emphatic is running, or are you just speaking hypothetically?