Quote:
I guess this means empathic and GPSApp are now incompatible (maybe they never were?) since the GPS has to have a rate of 4800.. or am I missing something here?

I don't know, since I don't use GPSapp. But I had to make this change because when I removed the car_rate setting in my own config.ini, emphatic would lock up soon after starting, even though I wasn't sending any serial output. My understanding (which may be wrong) is that even though the player's serial notify output gets gobbled up by Hijack and suppressed from going to the serial port, it still has to travel at the limited speed set by car_rate. Or, at least, that's the only way I can explain the test results which led to me making this change.

I've heard of people who use both GPSapp and emphatic, but due to outstanding issues with Hijack managing multiple apps running concurrently, I've never heard of them successfully running together, regardless of the car_rate setting. So I don't think I'm creating a new incompatibility here.