v2.04, released 2004-08-17:

• Added an integrated version of Mark Cushman's "Empire" server which allows you to queue up songs using a Palm PDA interface via IrDA. Thanks to Mark for suggesting this, and allowing me to use his code. To enable this, change the "use_empire" option to "true" in your XML, or add it if it's not present in the "settings" section. The default configuration (if no "use_empire" setting is specified) is to not launch the Empire server. This has been lightly tested, but seems to work.
  • I received permission to redistribute the empeg fonts, so I'm doing so. Only two of the fonts are necessary, as the player always contains "small" and "medium." The fonts for "large" and "gimungous" will be installed to the same directory as the emphatic binaries, and will be read from that location. If you had problems using those fonts before, they should work now. Thanks to the empeg guys for allowing me to redistribute the fonts.
  • Added a popup display of the mode name when display modes are changed. To turn this off, use the setting "show_mode=false".

Come 'n' get it!