Quote:
When is the CPU utilization high for you?

Honestly its more of a waste not, want not thing. If I don't want emphatic displaying anything at that moment it seems like a waste to have it buffering and redrawing the screen. I may have some other app running that could utilize those cycles. I haven't tried it without all the shiney, flashy stuff on though so it probably isn't as big of a deal as I am making it. It definitely lags my player and causes audio dropouts at times under your last release with scrolling text and burnin going.

Quote:
I'd much prefer solving whatever UI problems people feel there are, though.

Again, waste not, want not. If I'm happy with the players menus and other UI...

Quote:
I don't think there's any way for the app to just sit in the background, take the display when the lyrics are active, then give it back.

Ah, yeah thats a bummer. It would be cool to have more of a multitasked interface where emphatic can popup and show lyrics when appropriate, but if it isn't using the display something else (gps, traffic info, OBDII data, etc.) could grab it for a while. It feels like emphatic is trying to replace the existing player UI when I would prefer that it just augment it when appropriate.

-Mike