Quote:
or was tricked into voting not only for Bush, but for Republicans across the board.

I was actually suprised to see the Colorado election results. A majority did vote for Bush, but then we also put Salazar (D) in the senate even with the campaigning Kerry did with Salazar. It at least gives me a glimmer of hope that people here voted for who they thought would do a better overall job, and not just because of one or two issues, or party lines.

We also passed a tobacco tax hike (victory attributed due to the people pointing out we had the lowest tax on it in the country), and an energy bill declaring milestones for "cleaner" energy sources to be used in the state. Local to the Springs, we also managed to pass an issue to help finally start some much needed roadway improvement projects, something that for the longest time was stonewalled by people who didn't want the city to grow. Well, all they managed to accomplish was growth occuring anyway and a longer commute to work. It's likely we are the only city around half a million with a single traffic light free highway, with bits still at two lanes. Sadly the amendment to split our electoral votes didn't pass, but after finding out who was trying to get it to pass, I can understand.